Finding the right venue for your special event can be an overwhelming and stressful task. Be ready when you meet with the facility manager with a list of questions so you can compare and pick the perfect event facility that meets all of your needs and dreams!
Questions To Ask Your Wedding Venue
- Do you have my date available?
- How many people can the space hold? Is that number seated or standing?
- What is the fee for renting the space?
- What exactly does this fee include? Venues range from just a room rental rate to an all-inclusive (catering, tables, chairs, linens, lighting, etc.)
- What is excluded from the rental fee? How many hours does the rental rate include?
- How much is an additional hour?
- How many parking spots are available for guests?
- Can we rent additional parking spacing if needed?
- Can I use any vendor or do you have a list of preferred vendors?
- Do you do all set up and tear down of items you provide?
- If the ceremony and reception will be heldin the same space will you have enough time and staff to make this a seamless transition?
- When can I begin set up on my wedding day?
- If we have an outdoor element do you provide a back-up location if the weather is bad?
- Are there any restrictions on use of the space? Often times you can’t hang from the ceiling or use open flame candles.
- Are there restrictions on photography or videography?
- Are there any noise restrictions?
- Do I need to get any permits or insurance for the wedding?
- Is there a bridal room and a grooms suite?
- Can I see a sample of items you provide? This is often tables, chairs, linens, and china.
- How much is the deposit?
- When is the balance due?
- What forms of payment do you take?
- What is your cancellation policy?
We at The Swan Barn Door hope your event planning results in a fabulous occasion with lots of memories created! Check out our Amenities list at www.theswanbarndoor.com/amenities.